International Day of Living Together in Peace – Hosted by the Embassy of Algeria to Malaysia
On May 16th, 2018 TAPiO Management Advisory attended to the International Day of Living Together in Peace, hosted by the Embassy of Algeria in Kuala Lumpur and held at the Ritz Carlton in Malaysia.
Speakers at the event included:
- H.E. Nasreddine Rimouche, Ambassador of Algeria
- H.E. Stefan Priesner, United Nations Resident Coordinator for Malaysia
- The Honourable Dato’ Dr. Nasharudin Mat Isa, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Global Movement of Moderates Foundation (GMMF)
- The Honourable Tan Sri Rastam Mohd Isa, Chairman and Chief Executive of the Institute of Strategic and International Studies (ISIS)
- The Hounourable Tan Sri Dato’ Dr. Michael Yeoh, Chief Executive Officer of the Asian Strategy and Leadership Institute (ASLI)
- Prof. Dr. Abdelaziz Berghout, Deputy Rector International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
The celebration was well attended by ambassadors and diplomats based in Malaysia. Algeria has a recent reputation as a leader of peace in Northern Africa which prompted them to host the ceremony. This celebration appeared particularly significant as negotiations for peace agreements between the United Nations, the African Union and the United States of America are still ongoing.
The speeches highlighted the negotiations of world peace agreements and targeted potential arrangements that could be enacted in the coming years. In view of that, promoting peace as well as the coexistence of nations are a priority of the United Nations since its formation. The United Nations Peacekeeping Forces were founded in 1948 and received a Nobel Peace Prize in 1988.
“If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy.
Then he becomes your partner.”